Are you looking to advance your accounting career in 2015? If so, feel good about the fact that your industry is on the rise. The accounting field is growing and changing more rapidly than ever before. Recent research confirms the theory that top accounting pros will continue to be in high demand for their cutting edge money management skills.
Top Ten Accounting Jobs
Ask the experts and they’ll verify that these jobs will be among the most sought after by employers across the U.S. in 2015:
- Staff accountant
- Accounts payable manager
- Payroll manager
- Collections specialist
- Tax accountant
- Mortgage loan processor
- Auditing director
- Compliance manager
- Financial reporting supervisor
- Business data analyst
Specialty Skilled Workers Needed
Starting salaries for accounting professionals are forecast to increase by about 3.75 percent next year, especially in the technology and financial fields. As you flesh out your career path plans, note that specialists will be highly sought after in these sectors:
- General accounting and finance: Average starting salaries in the U.S. are expected to rise 3.5 percent in 2015. Staff accountants, senior financial analysts and business systems analysts are in strong demand. The regulatory environment is driving hiring for risk, compliance and internal audit professionals.
- Technology: Base compensation for IT professionals is predicted to increase 5.7 percent in the coming year. Mobile, security and Big Data will be the leading drivers. Mobile application developers can expect the highest salary increases across all tech roles.
- Creative and marketing: Growth in digital space is driving heightened demand for professionals such as digital marketing strategists and user-experience specialists. Businesses in 2015 also will need content experts, web designers and front-end web developers. Expect 3.5 percent growth in the next year.
- Legal: S. salaries are expected to rise 3.0 percent in 2015 as law firms seek experts in litigation, general business, commercial deals and intellectual property.
- Administrative and office support: Demand for skilled administrative assistants remains strong. Projected growth in 2015 is about 3.4 percent, to be exact.
The hiring experts at Magellan Search & Staffing specialize in meeting your staff and leadership needs for the best accounting talent. As you look ahead to 2015, let us partner with you to realize your strategic goals and objectives. Read our related posts or contact us today.