Your resume is the first impression a hiring manager has of you – whether the position you’re seeking is temporary or permanent. If your objective is temporary work, a separate resume is advisable so you can clearly state this objective. Potential employers will quickly be able to recognize your goal of securing a temporary assignment and assess your skills and job fit.
Create a Temporary Job Resume
Keep your temporary job resume professional and clean. Make sure it highlights the range of skills and experience you’ve gained in previous assignments – or your education and/or relevant extracurricular work if you’re just starting out.
Much of the information is the same as a regular resume. The difference is that your temporary job resume is representative of the wide range of positions for which you may be applying, so it’s more basic and somewhat generic.
- Ideally, your resume should fit on one page. But if you have more skills and experience, a two-page format is fine.
- Your temporary job resume should be simple and easy to update with each new assignment.
- Make sure it can be copied and pasted into word processing programs, uploaded to online apps and emailed to your recruiter as an attachment.
- Double check your resume for errors or typos. Don’t rely on your computer spell check. Read it over carefully yourself and if possible, have someone else proofread it as well.
Use this sample template to get started on your temporary job resume. It clearly states the candidate’s objective and pertinent skills and includes the necessary information to help land desired assignments.
100 Main Street
Anywhere, NY 11111
Temporary professional experienced in customer and call center service. Detail oriented with excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Seeking a position in sales, marketing or customer service for 6-9 months.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Computer Assisted Telephone Systems
- Alpha-numerical typing speed of 80 wpm and accuracy of 95%
All American Temp Staff
2013 – Present
National Fine Health Insurance
January 2014 – Present
Customer Service Representative
Part-time temporary assignment conducting outbound sales calls to regional customers. Focus on educating customers about their HMO and PPO insurance options.
- Scored 99% customer satisfaction rating for service excellence
- Consistently acknowledged by superiors for performance, punctuality and positive contributions to office team.
World Finance Experts
June 2013 – January 2014
Customer Service Agent II
Full-time temporary assignment taking inbound calls for community agencies to help customers establish payment plans and monthly billing arrangements.
- Customer surveys indicated a 94% satisfaction rating.
- Advanced from Customer Service Agent I to Level II after 60 days of consistently high performance.
Career Community College, Career Town, NY
A.A.S. Business Administration – May 2013
Global Customer Service Association
Certificate in Call Center Excellence – January 2014
A professional career coach from Magellan Search & Staffing can work with you to land the temporary assignment you’ve been looking for. Check out our jobs listings, read our related posts or contact us today to learn more.