Where are you now? Where are you going? Magellan will help get you there!
Magellan’s client, a prominent therapeutic medical device company, is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team in Bucks County.
- Small, yet quickly expanding company (with expectations of going public in 5 years)
- Laid-back work environment with interactive teams, open-door policy, casual dress code
- Great work-life balance (as long as you’re finished your work, you can maintain flexible hours); offices closed week between Christmas and New Years without using PTO
- Exposure to Director of Finance and CFO with the opportunity to gain a broad range of accounting experience (month end, financial reporting, tech acct, sox implementation, payroll, and eventually external reporting once public)
- Controls the administration and, as needed, supervision of General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll
- Executes and overlooks monthly accounting close procedures
- Creates and reviews journal entries and account reconciliations
- Helps with internal financial reporting and potentially external reporting
- Assists with development of accounting policies, procedures, and process narratives
- Collaborates with team to implement and ensure an effective internal control environment
- Preps and/or reviews audit deliverables to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Identifies process inefficiencies, advises on efficient process alternatives, and facilitates the implementation of the improvements
- Provide technical accounting and operational resources
- Collaborates with team of 4-5 people in Finance and Accounting
- Communicates effectively with team members; flexible with responsibilities
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting required
- Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm experience required
- 5+ years of accounting experience (audit and/or industry experience with a public company preferred)
- CPA preferred
- Experience navigating ERP (specifically SAGE) systems (i.e. recording/posting journal entries) preferred
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage several projects
- Team player who collaborates and contributes well; leader dedicated to career development of team personnel
- Strong ability to maintain deadline goals for projects
We look forward to receiving your resume and we appreciate your time! Qualified candidates can expect to be contacted by a Magellan recruiter regarding position details within the next few days. If this position is not a fit for your specific skill set, we will keep your application on file for future opportunities. Thank you for your interest!
About Magellan Search Group:
Regionally based in Philadelphia, PA, Magellan specializes in the placement of accounting, finance, information technology, administrative and human resources professionals into direct-hire, contract and temporary positions. We place talent into all levels including executive level positions. In recent years, Magellan has been the proud recipient of many local and national awards, including being named to the following lists: Forbes’ “America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms Top 100 List”, Best of Staffing for Clients and Talent, the Inc. 500 I 5000, the Philadelphia 100, the Staffing Industry Analyst’s Fastest Growing, and the Top Executive Recruiters. For more information about Magellan please visit: www.magellangroup.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com