Where are you now? Where are you going? Magellan will help get you there!
Magellan has been engaged to assist our client in their search for a Senior Technical Accountant to join their team in New Castle County!
- Evaluates and finds solutions for complex accounting/reporting issues, including analyzing external technical accounting proposals & pronouncements
- Communicate with global Controllers and independent public accountants on topics of accounting policies
- Key liaison for technical accounting related issues (SEC guidance, FASB Standards, etc.)
- Offer technical accounting advice to businesses for important and complicated transactions
- Contributes to directing company-wide roll-out of new accounting/reporting requirements
- Become resource to major business unit and corporate initiatives as an expert in technical accounting
- Create process improvement teams to enhance productivity
- Creates and enforces accounting policies and procedures to ensure external financial statements correlate with accepted accounting principles; ensure internal management reports comply with established policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree a bonus
- CPA required
- 10 or more years experience with Big 4 or industry-related experience in an accounting policy role
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and SEC Reporting, knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Motivated, self-started with strong analytical skills
- Organized individual with ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to work well in a team and interact with all levels of the company
We look forward to receiving your resume and we appreciate your time! Qualified candidates can expect to be contacted by a Magellan recruiter regarding position details within the next few days. If this position is not a fit for your specific skill set, we will keep your application on file for future opportunities. Thank you for your interest!
About Magellan Search & Staffing
Regionally based in Philadelphia, PA, Magellan Search & Staffing specializes in the placement of accounting, finance, information technology, administrative, and human resources professionals into direct-hire, consulting, contract and temporary positions. In recent years, Magellan has been the proud recipient of many local and national awards, including being named to the following lists: Best of Staffing for Clients and Talent, the Inc. 500 I 5000, the Philadelphia 100, the Staffing Industry Analyst’ s Fastest Growing, and the Top Executive Recruiters. For more information about Magellan Search & Staffing, please visit: www.magellangroup.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com