Where are you now? Where are you going? Magellan will help get you there!
Magellan has been engaged to assist our client in their search for a Staff Accountant to join their team in Montgomery County!
- Gain exposure and experience in the real estate industry
- Collaborate with a supportive team within an organization with a great company culture
- Prepare and close individual property’s financial statements including property income statements, balance sheets and operating expensive recoveries
- Responsible for month end closing workpapers such as month end reserves, prepaids/accruals/reclasses and journal entries, property allocations and tenant charge backs/recovery calculations including utility expense billings
- Hold monthly meetings with Regional Property Managers to help with the preparation and management of tenant A/R reports and A/R ledgers
- Organize annual CAM recovery reconciliation calculations and monthly CAM Accruals for assigned tenants and properties while taking into consideration the financial elements of the tenants’ leases
- Collaborate with Regional Property Managers in the annual property budgets and continuing variance analysis
- Work alongside Senior Accountant and help as needed to prepare various requests/projects
- Learn and utilize Yardi software to administer proper lease accounting
- BS in Accounting preferred; 2+ years Real Estate Accounting experience
- Motivated individual who always meets deadlines and is detail-oriented
- Ability to collaborate with a team and encourage teammates toward success
- Working knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting preferred
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office, particularly in Excel
- Prior experience with Yardi or similar real estate accounting software required
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
We look forward to receiving your resume and we appreciate your time! Qualified candidates can expect to be contacted by a Magellan recruiter regarding position details within the next few days. If this position is not a fit for your specific skill set, we will keep your application on file for future opportunities. Thank you for your interest!
About Magellan Search & Staffing
Regionally based in Philadelphia, PA, Magellan Search & Staffing specializes in the placement of accounting, finance, information technology, administrative, and human resources professionals into direct-hire, consulting, contract and temporary positions. In recent years, Magellan has been the proud recipient of many local and national awards, including being named to the following lists: Best of Staffing for Clients and Talent, the Inc. 500 I 5000, the Philadelphia 100, the Staffing Industry Analyst’ s Fastest Growing, and the Top Executive Recruiters. For more information about Magellan Search & Staffing, please visit: www.magellangroup.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com