Where are you now? Where are you going? Magellan will help get you there!
Magellan has been engaged to assist one of our best clients in their search for a Tax Manager in Delaware County that will report directly to the Director of Tax, with a large range of responsibility in respect to federal, state and local tax accounting, compliance and research.
- Be part of an exciting industry with possible travel opportunities to exotic locations
- Opportunity with direct track to Director position; chance to get into an organization at “ground level” as they expand (company plans on going Public in near future)
- Collaborate with a small team in a great work environment
- Control quarterly & annual consolidated tax provision process; ensure accurate and timely tax accounting and disclosure
- Compute and document (via work papers) income tax provision calculations for internal and external management reporting; interact with external and internal auditors to complete quarterly and annual reviews and audits
- Supervise all domestic and foreign aspects required for the timely completion and accurate preparation and filing of all federal, state and local, and foreign income tax returns prepared by co-source provider
- Oversee domestic and foreign aspects required for the timely completion and accurate preparation and filing of all federal, state and local, and foreign transactional tax filings (e.g. annual reports, gross receipts, sales and use, etc.)
- Control tax planning and documentation of tax positions reached, including research and writing of memos
- Motivation to identify, drive and implement process enhancements that promote risk management, streamline activities, and improve transparency in tax work streams
- Oversee and resolve any disputes made during examinations by tax authorities (alongside co-source provider)
- Facilitate data and inquiries relative to tax provision and tax return processes with internal accounting department and off-site finance personnel
- Contribute to forecasting of cash flows in relation to income taxes
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance or other related field
- CPA required
- 6-8 years+ experience in tax industry
- Great verbal skills with ability to produce presentations, excellent writing skills
- Motivated attitude with ability to work in a team with other management members of finance team and co-source providers
- Attentive to detail with excellent analytical skills
- Strong process and project management skills, ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to take responsibility of the tax function and see projects to a successful completion
- Strong working knowledge of tax laws and regulations
We look forward to receiving your resume and we appreciate your time! Qualified candidates can expect to be contacted by a Magellan recruiter regarding position details within the next few days. If this position is not a fit for your specific skill set, we will keep your application on file for future opportunities. Thank you for your interest!
About Magellan Search Group:
Regionally based in Philadelphia, PA, Magellan specializes in the placement of accounting, finance, information technology, administrative and human resources professionals into direct-hire, contract and temporary positions. We place talent into all levels including executive level positions. In recent years, Magellan has been the proud recipient of many local and national awards, including being named to the following lists: Forbes’ “America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms Top 100 List”, Best of Staffing for Clients and Talent, the Inc. 500 I 5000, the Philadelphia 100, the Staffing Industry Analyst’s Fastest Growing, and the Top Executive Recruiters. For more information about Magellan please visit: www.magellangroup.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org