Where are you now? Where are you going? Magellan will help get you there!
Magellan has been engaged to assist our client in their search for a Manager of Financial Reporting to join their team in Chester County!
- Become part of an organization that invests in their employees and trains them for future success through developmental programs and more
- Prepare quarterly/annual SEC filings and assist in creating quarterly external communications for analyst calls and press releases, as well as information to the audit committee
- Contribute to SEC reporting process and audit coordination with both internal/external auditors
- Execute accounting research and assist in implementation of new accounting methods; identify new SEC reporting requirements and evaluate the financial reporting process
- Work hands on with organization’s global accounting policies; address international and domestic division inquiries and transactions to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Collaborate on special projects and act as technical accounting advisory to executives and business unit controllers
- Organize presentations verbally and in writing to internal and external audiences in regards to your research on complex accounting issues
- Coordinate accounting for acquisitions and evaluate SEC requirements in relation to transactions
- Supervise finance personnel in transactions and handle accounting implications in contracts and legal documents
- Organize third part valuations when necessary on acquisitions
- Create financial statements and coordinate external audit
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting and/or a CPA certification
- 8+ years of audit and reporting experience within large corporate environment or CPA firm
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and familiarity with IFRS; understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements; Six Sigma / Lean Process Implementation;
- Motivated individual with ability to work alone or collaborate as a team to complete projects successfully
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks while meeting deadlines; strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills with desire to motivate team toward success
- Great communication and “people” skills with ability to provide project updates to team and other divisions involved
- Prior experience working with SEC reporting software (Merrill Bridge or Workiva)
- Strong work ethic with understanding that this position may require additional work hours during quarter-end reporting to fulfill deadlines
We look forward to receiving your resume and we appreciate your time! Qualified candidates can expect to be contacted by a Magellan recruiter regarding position details within the next few days. If this position is not a fit for your specific skill set, we will keep your application on file for future opportunities. Thank you for your interest!
About Magellan Search & Staffing
Regionally based in Philadelphia, PA, Magellan Search & Staffing specializes in the placement of accounting, finance, information technology, administrative, and human resources professionals into direct-hire, consulting, contract and temporary positions. In recent years, Magellan has been the proud recipient of many local and national awards, including being named to the following lists: Best of Staffing for Clients and Talent, the Inc. 500 I 5000, the Philadelphia 100, the Staffing Industry Analyst’ s Fastest Growing, and the Top Executive Recruiters. For more information about Magellan Search & Staffing, please visit: www.magellangroup.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org