Where are you now? Where are you going? Magellan will help get you there!
Magellan is currently partnering with a privately backed technology startup in their search for a highly talented Software Engineer. Our Philadelphia/SJ based client has a well-developed set of existing customers in a very large, relatively untapped market. With a focus on cloud-native solutions leveraging the very latest core components for their stack, they offer the very best opportunity for not only clients, but for their dynamic team of software engineers and architects.
This position will be vital in helping build the company’s next generation service delivery platform. This platform embraces the latest in cloud optimized technologies in order to deliver massive scale, extreme availability and full automation as our organization rapidly expands its offerings to clients and third-party service providers leveraging our solutions. Other perks include a true family like culture, flexibility, and a competitive salary plus 10% bonus.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Helping build scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage public cloud services
- Designing and developing customer and vendor facing applications to be cloud optimized
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to full stack development, design patterns and object-oriented programming
- Agile software development and DevOps
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Full-Stack design and development experience (must have front-end, service layer, and backend data storage experience)
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred.
- Good experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Extensive experience designing and programming applications in an internet based or Cloud environment
- Experience training newer employees
- Experience with a front-end framework such as Angular or React.
- Experience with designing and building application using public cloud services
- Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
- Experience building highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
We look forward to receiving your resume and we appreciate your time! Qualified candidates can expect to be contacted by a Magellan recruiter regarding position details within the next few days. If this position is not a fit for your specific skill set, we will keep your application on file for future opportunities. Thank you for your interest!
About Magellan Search Group:
Regionally based in Philadelphia, PA, Magellan specializes in the placement of accounting, finance, information technology, administrative and human resources professionals into direct-hire, contract and temporary positions. We place talent into all levels including executive level positions. In recent years, Magellan has been the proud recipient of many local and national awards, including being named to the following lists: Forbes’ “America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms Top 100 List”, Best of Staffing for Clients and Talent, the Inc. 500 I 5000, the Philadelphia 100, the Staffing Industry Analyst’s Fastest Growing, and the Top Executive Recruiters. For more information about Magellan please visit: www.magellangroup.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org